Thursday, December 6, 2012

How do I decide?

For those of you that regularly read my book reviews you might wonder how I decide what to pick. You might wonder why none of my reviews are negative. You might be thinking to yourself does this woman love EVERY book? In a word: no. In two words: definitely not! 

I have read tons of children's books that just don't float my boat. And I won't be reviewing any of them here. That's not what this site is about. I am not here to bash authors or books. If I come across something that I don't like or wouldn't use at home or in my school library I just won't mention it. There's enough negativity in this world without me adding to it. 

My focus is solely to highlight books that I find interesting, funny, valuable, creative and a delight to read either alone or aloud to others. I hope that my reviews can introduce parents, teachers, librarians or any book lover to something new. Or maybe I might remind you of a book you once loved and had forgotten about, or give you a new idea of how it can be used with your children or class. 

I don't get paid by anyone to write these reviews. I am reviewing these books and pairing them with discussion ideas, crafts, etc. because as a school librarian that's what I love to do. I am passionate about literature and when I come across something that I think is worth sharing that's exactly what I'll do. If you have any questions or comments please don't hesitate to write to me. I'd love to hear from more of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment