Friday, December 14, 2012

Dog Loves Books

Dog Loves Books By Louise Yates
Grades K-3

Such a sweet book about Dog who loves books and opens a bookstore. At first business is very slow. The only people who come in are looking for tea or directions. To pass the time Dog immerses himself in reading and realizes that when he is in the middle of a book he is never alone. When a little girl comes into the store Dog is able to give some great recommendations to her because he knows his collection so well. This story reminds me of my first year as a librarian, delving more and more into my collection and finding so many new treasures to share with my teachers and students. All libraries should own this one and I can't imagine a book more perfect for the first month at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment