Friday, December 14, 2012

Christmas Cookies

Christmas Cookies: Bite-Size Holiday Lessons by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
Grades PreK-3

Amy Krouse Rosenthal's sweet cookie-inspired morsels of wisdom define some difficult concepts in the most easy to grasp way with a simple sentence and darling illustration. For example: 
Appreciative means, thank you so so much for taking the time to bake with me.
Moderation means at the party not having twenty cookies, and not having zero cookies, but having just enough cookies.
Anticipation means, I've been thinking all day about making the cookies. I'm so excited. I can't wait.
These are such cozy, soft illustrations to pore over while curled up on the couch. This isn't necessarily a classroom read aloud, but more of something I'd want to do as a lap read with the children in my own family. A definite holiday gift for the cookie-loving kid in your family and it even has a sugar cookie recipe in the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment